Music Support is a registered charity providing help and support for individuals in any area of the UK music industry suffering from alcoholism, addiction, emotional or mental health issues.
We believe that those in our industry susceptible to emotional and mental health issues, stress, alcoholism, substance misuse and many other addictions, are particularly vulnerable due to the environments, lifestyles and stresses that exist within.
We operate a 24/7 telephone helpline offering peer support from volunteers with personal experiences of the music industry and addiction or mental health issues.
We also offer signposting to appropriate and approved professionals in the fields of addiction and mental health: therapists, psychiatrists and treatment facilities.
We provide “safe tents” backstage at UK Festivals where individuals can go to escape the mayhem, chat to someone or attend a 12 Step meeting.
We offer information and resources via our website and host educational events for the music industry and general public through our connection with the International Conference on Addiction and Associated Disorders
- Inclusion. Music Support is open to everyone in the industry regardless of background, role or music genre.
- Safety. We create a confidential environment, and observe the highest standards of personal data protection and governance
- Courage. We’re proud to stand for who we are and what we believe in and support others to do the same
- Passion. We believe in the power of transformational change because we have experienced it in our own lives
- Innovation. We find new solutions to addressing addiction and mental health problems in the music industry
- Understanding. We are shaped by our experience of the unique pressures wrought by our industry
No-one in the music industry with an addiction or mental health problem suffers alone.
Provide peer support.
Provide signposting to the best and most appropriate professional services.
Provide a safe space to offer this support by listening, informing and educating.