Eligibility for bursary (Freelancers)
To be eligible for this bursary you must be a freelancer working in UK music and/or live events, or roles supporting UK music and/or live events. For example, you may be eligible if at least one of the following criteria applies to your usual occupation:
- Freelance touring roles within music and live events whether that be a backline tech, stage manager, rigger, caterer, or production/tour manager.
- Live events industry freelance technical professionals, crew/production personnel.
- Working in the technical freelancer supply chain across the UK entertainment industry including those from live events, theatre, TV and film.
The first step is to complete the application form below.
Can I still apply if I am not eligible for a bursary?
Yes. However the bursary initiative is restricted to the criteria above. If you work within music and/or live events (any role) and your job does not fit the bursary eligibility criteria there is a course fee of £100 per delegate. This is only payable IF your application is selected and you accept an offer to attend a course. The first step is to complete the application form below,.
Tips for applying
We are looking for applicants who are passionate about wanting to:
- Improve knowledge and understanding about addiction and recovery.
- Challenge misconceptions and stigma about addiction and recovery.
- Make UK music and live events the best environment to work in from the perspective of workforce health and wellbeing.
Please note: There are a limited number of bursaries available for this course and applications will remain open until all bursaries are awarded. We anticipate there will be high demand for this training bursary and encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Places will be offered, and courses delivered on a rolling basis throughout the year. We aim to let all successful applicants know within 30 days of submission.
Applying does not guarantee you a place on the course. We are unable to offer feedback to applicants or other specific information about individual applications received.
Thank you to TPG, Backup, Massive Attack, Hipgnosis Songs, We Need Crew, and Rock-it Cargo for you kind support with this project.